The Family Z

Monday, July 10, 2006

No pirates but the teeth will be here soon



Yesterday was Sunday and Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Leon drove out to watch Alex while Josh and I went to see Pirates of the Carribean 2. Well, we went to the Harkins closest to us which is about 40 minutes away...and their 1:50 and 2:30 times were sold out. So we drove to Chandler Mall and their times were sold out until 3:50. We didn't want to be out too late and the movie lasts at least 2 and a half hours so we just had lunch at Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que restaurant and then did some window shopping. Our lunch was delicious. Their motto is "If it walks or flys....we'll bar-b-que it." Well, I don't know if that is their motto but it was on a sign on their wall. The waitress brought us some fries to sample their 6 different sauces. They were all pretty good. Josh liked the hottest one called, Devil's Spit, and I liked Sweet and Sassy or maybe it was Sweet and Zesty...I can't remember. But Josh's burger was good and grilled the way he likes it and my pulled pork sandwich was yummy, too. I forgot the camera again to take pictures on here. Shoot.
Afterward we found a cute t-shirt and short sport set for Alex all for under $10. We got home and Grandma and Grandpa stayed for a while then they drove home. Alex slept through the night again from 7:15 pm to 6 am! This is the 2nd night in a row.
So this morning, Monday July 10th, we were supposed to start our swimming lessons with Alex. Well, I thought I could put him down for a nap around 8 am since he had been up 2 hours. He was not having that. So we looked at books for a bit then I put him back in his crib and he criiiiiieeeeeddddd for about 30 minutes. I knew there was no sleep happening and I wanted to get him. His little face was all splotchy and he was just so happy to get out of his crib. His bottom teeth are so close to coming in that I know they are hurting him. We went downstairs and had some juice in his sippy cup. Here you can see his splotches in the picture above. After a snack Alex was still hungry so he had a bottle and was soon snoozing. All is well, but now that he is sleeping, there is no way I am going to wake him up to drive 45 minutes to swimming lessons in Gilbert. They will have to wait until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home