The Family Z

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A fun and busy weekend...

Sunday, July 16, 2006

What a great weekend we had!!! Josh was off of work Wednesday through Friday which was so nice for everyone. Loni and Ron flew in from Chicago on Friday and they drove up from Tucson to spend the day with us. Ron's friend hooked us all up with tickets to the Diamondbacks/Brewers game at Chase Stadium. Loni couldn't believe we were going to a baseball stadium with a roof over our heads. We were thankful for it, though, because it was sooo hot that day.

We had planned on taking Alex with us after a lot of thought and debating between Josh and I. We thought we'd try it and if we had to leave early, we would leave. Alex is so used to going to sleep around 7 pm that we weren't sure how he would be. Kathy called us and she and Leon offered to watch Alex since they would be on the way anyhow. We thought that would be best, knowing he wouldn't be in the big crowds and he could go to bed at a better hour. So that was great. Diamondbacks won in the last inning, too! Whoo Hoo! It was a great game. We really thought the Brewers were going to win.

On Saturday morning Loni and I made a delicious breakfast with scrambled eggs (the only way I know how to cook them!), pancakes, bacon, and oh yes, Ron did make the coffee. Josh had to go to work a little after 9 a.m. and he called me shortly after he left to tell me he had both sets of car keys! Yikes - that means I couldn't drive anywhere that day and I had planned on driving to Cave Creek to see my dad. Ron was nice enough to drive to Costco and pick up the keys for me. That was such a great thing. Thanks Ron!

Here's Loni and Ron with Alex before they left on Saturday to go back to Tucson.


After they left, Alex and I headed out to see my dad. We had a delicious lunch, played, and even put our feet in the pool. It was really overcast and dark and a storm was coming in. So around 4:30 we packed up and headed back home. Some how we missed the storm all together which I was thankful for.

On Sunday we had a relaxing morning and I went to this local donut shop to get some for breakfast but they were closed for some reason. Around 5 we drove over to Jacqui and John's house for dinner. They made tacos and John's parents were there, too. We had a fun time playing on Bradley's Little Tykes playset in the backyard. Alex went down the slide about a dozen times. (Should have brought the camera...I know, I know...) He loved it! I need to check their website to see the different types of sets they have. Thanks for dinner, Jacqui and John and Bradley!

We came home and Alex had a bottle and fell asleep around 8 p.m. Josh and I are on our computers and we are again having some relaxing "me" time. Hope your weekend was fun, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home